Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Images from Magdalena Bay



   We rounded Cape San Lucas at the southern tip of the Baja Peninsula yesterday around noon.  It was a little strange.  Houses, condominiums and hotels cling to the cliffs and beaches of the cape as thickly as intertidal life on the deserted beaches to the north.  We are happy though to be able to tie up to a dock, and to catch up on sleep and correspondence!  Tomorrow we head north for the first time since we left home. Onwards to La Paz, where we'll pick up Lindsay, Sophie, and friends for holiday-making. 

Snowy Egret, mangrove estuary



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cedar and I sit, tête-à-tête, gazing at the computer monitor, dreaming of warm places and you. The snow falls silently outside your study window. It is white and cold and still.
~ Cedar & Weesie on PI ~

Alison Watt said...

that sounds lovely and cozy. Hope you're staying warm. just arrived in La Paz, picking up kids in a couple of days

MJ said...

Finally found a moment to drift with you. Children just left for their Dad's after a happy Christmas. Your watercolour sketches fill me with delight. I am there watching pelicans with you in my mind's eye. Brilliant sun here and heaps of snow.
Love to all.
MJ in Nanaimo

Alison Watt said...

MJ
so nice to find you here! L and S were a day late but all is well. We are having a lovely time together. I've been thinking of you, as we are missing our annual Christmas sleep-over. Hope you're enjoying a well-deserved rest, love to the kids.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you too as I walked along the water front yesterday and looked over toward Protection. The sun was low and the clouds were pink; it looked like the painting you lent me. Love to the family.
I got 98% in science!

Anonymous said...

OK...so I am not anonymous..I am figuring this out.
MJ

MJ said...

More snow today. Are you glad to be in Mexico?
MJ